Projected Coordinate Systems

 


My area of interest is New Mexico.  I lived there for over 15 years growing up and miss it terribly now that I have lived on the east coast for almost 10 years.  I used the New Mexico Central custom coordinate system primarily because the central meridian was close, if not exactly in the middle of the square-shaped state.  The New Mexico East and West state plane projected coordinate systems had their central meridians towards the centers of their respective polygons and did not line up with the center of the state.  I chose the NSRS2007 projected coordinate system over the HARN and CORS selection of the same state plane systems because the NSRS2007 is a national readjustment of the High Accuracy Reference Network and the Continuously Operating Reference Station.  


Comments

Popular Posts