Scripting and Headscratching

This weeks assignment was fun and like a puzzle.  There were several loops that took awhile for me to grasp the concept of, but it was extremely satisfying to have completed this assignment successfully.  I'm starting to understand better the difference between a function and a method and how to use each of them.  Keeping track of the several variables used in this script was beginning to become a challenge.  I'm going to start using the variable explorer for this upcoming module to see if that helps.

I related understanding the functions and methods to my Spanish skills; I know what I'm trying to do (or say), but I don't quite have the vocabulary to pull it off  quite yet.  I think I'll pick up programming faster than Spanish anyways.

The counter threw me off for awhile.  I didn't realize that it was referring to the sentry variable from the lecture material.  Again, keeping track of the variables proved to take more time than imagined it would have taken me.  Looking at the completed script now, I'm not sure I could duplicate it very quickly.  However, I do have a solid foundation of functions and methods to build off of now.  My next hurdle will be to understand the formatting of loops a bit better.


Comments

Popular Posts