About Me

Hi everyone, my name's Gil and I'm extremely excited to be getting back into GIS!  I graduated from Nova Southeastern University (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) in 2017 with a B.S. in Environmental Science and am now in my first semester of the M.S. in GIS Administration program here at UWF.  I currently work full-time as a GIS Field Technician in the Greater Boston Area.  I use Collector everyday to spatially represent overhead utility lines and  utility equipment for the power company of the region.  Previously, my job as an Associate Planner for a Florida municipality frequently had ancillary cartographic duties associated with my daily tasks.  My hopes are to one day return the the public sector with a more well rounded knowledge of GIS to manage a team of GIS practitioners combatting environmental issues. 
Upon completion of this program, I'll ideally be relocating to the Tampa Bay area to begin a family with my wife.  We moved from South Florida a year ago for a job opportunity and are eager to try out  new life on the West side of Florida's Peninsula.  Through the completion of this program, I'm confident my work ethic and acquired knowledge of GIS will benefit me personally and professionally for decades to come.
If you have a few moments, please check out my Story Map, Gil's Life Journey (Links to an external site.)to know a little more about me.

Comments

Popular Posts